Thursday, January 21, 2010

Bookmark tags


Crafting on the sofa with a remote control nearby, it is the best, I tell ya! On Saturday, while it rained all day, I watched tons of television and made a dozen bookmark tags for my "Girl's Night Out" group.
Just a few rubber stamps, 12 tags and a basket of ribbon remnants.
An outline here, some water color there, a few gel pen accents.
Look closely and you'll see ribbon re-purposed from a box of chocolates, fabric selvage scraps, bias binding and rick rack. Craft hoarding is sometimes a good thing. I feel those Depression era grandmothers and great-grandmothers smiling on me.

1 comment:

Courtney Short said...

that is a great idea.. i have rubber stamps.. and those same tags (hubby brings stacks of them from work home to me).. I could make a bunch up as valentine gifts.. and use up some of those random pieces of ribbon I have!! BTW - thanks for your comments on my blog.. I can never reply directly to them though.. it shows "no-reply" in the address section of the email.. glad u are donating to the women's shelter.. it is a great cause..