Monday, January 21, 2008
Friday, January 18, 2008
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
My buddy Dori invited me to peruse the goodies before being shipped to the local charity thrift store. WooHoo! Thanks, Dori!
- Gold ribbon braid
- Gold floss thread
- Multi-color braided trim
- Assorted grosgrain ribbons
- Sequin adhesive stickers on a roll
- "Rat tail" ribbon in pink and fuschia
- a whole mess of beads plus the bead box!
Several months back when I was on the brand new embroidery kick, I asked my buddy Chuck if he would like to request his very own stitched tea towel and he specified, oddly enough, mud flap girls. You heard me.
Here ya are, Chuck! Wipe your counters with these nude silhouette girls that I stitched for ya!
Don't really dig cross stitch crap but think it is cute for baby stuff like bibs and burp cloths.
Here baby, please burp and throw up on this nice cotton towel that I stitched and personalized with your name.
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Whipped up a skirt out the fabulous Eileen silk tie fabric stash. Considered cropping the photo so you wouldn't see my unfinished hem shame but hey, this a blog of truth, right? Confession: I still don't know how to hem.
However COMMA as a beginner to sewing, I consider myself to be a genius because I didn't even consider that the silk stripes should match at not only the front and back seams but the side seams as well. The photo does not show the perfectly placed stripes but I assure, they are there. How did I do it? I don't know! I just kept playing with pattern and fabric until it looked right and held my breath as I finally cut the silk.
- Bad news: Don't remember how to match stripes so probably will not attempt to make another.
- Bad news: The skirt is too short to be flattering on me.
- Good news: Faux niece wants it!
- Bad news: Now I need to hem it for her.