Monday, February 1, 2010

People give me stuff - fabulous fabric

Ernest sent some fabulous fabric from his menswear office in Manhattan. If I told you the name of the company, he would get in trouble and you would be green with envy. Feast your eyes:


Top to bottom:
  • Black and ecru houndstooth light weight wool
  • Black twill
  • Grey cashmere
  • Black and ecru pinstripe linen
  • Khaki twill
  • Ecru and navy stripe twill


Check out the gray cashmere. It is soft and yummy. And I love it because the color doesn't fit my rut of black black black. Ernest's gift is forcing me to expand my horizons. I cannot imagine how much this fabric would cost at retail $ per yard.

Thinking the gray will become a knee length gored skirt. What say you? Thoughts? Opinions?

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Wow! That is a fantastic haul! I love those fabrics. I think a gored skirt would be super-cute with the grey.