Design*Sponge posted an easy "Party Flower" tutorial and I finally got around to making one the other night because I love a craft that can be done while watching television. Click on the tutorial link, print the template and follow the directions.
My suggestions, after completing two flowers:
- Print 4 copies of template and cut each size petal for pattern. (I printed on cardstock weight paper.)
- Iron fabric.
- Starch for extra "petal loft". You can always scrunch it if the fabric is too stiff.
- Pin each size petal template to prescribed layers of fabric and cut all layers at one time instead of tracing each.
- If you find the bottom layer is too large for your flower, fold it under and whipstitch it.
- Use pinking sheers on bottom layer for frayed finish.
- Try different weights of fabric for unique looks
- Layer tulle or organza with your fabric for extra flair