Thursday, March 18, 2010

Yellow

--Country Living
-- Elle

When someone says they like yellow, I feel my upper lip go up.
It's not a color I have ever liked although I have a pastel yellow Gap jean jacket that I wear with khakis. While I appreciate yellow in home decor, it is way too happy and sunshiney for my jaded attitude. Watched "Rosemary's Baby" (1968) last weekend and the use of a sunny and optimistic color played a subliminal part in the sinister movie. Rosemary (played by Mia Farrow) decorated a spacious but gloomy Manhattan apartment (The Dakota) by painting dreary wood antiques glossy white, just like Sister Parish was preaching at the time and decor D-I-Y bloggers are doing today while thinking themselves to be original. Anywho, Rosemary decorates the nursery in crisp white and bright yellow because the gender was unknown in those days. Rosemary herself wears cute yellow mini-dresses. Pillows and accents of egg yolk golden yellow dotted the living room.
And I watched and again appreciated yellow in someone else's interior.
But MY favorite fashion moment was seeing Rosemary's full length plaid skirt with turtleneck. How I love me some plaid!

--FrockTalk.com

No comments: