Monday, October 13, 2008

Craft room hangover


My friend Chrysanthemum visited me last week and brought her sewing machine with her. She wanted to sew skirts so I was all up for it. I introduced her to the wonderful world of serger finishing and she cut out the skirts. When we finished there were 10 skirts for her, 2 skirts for little girl neighbors and 4 for me. That is not a mistake, 16 skirts in all.

Chrysanthemum complimented me by saying that the SkitzoLeezraStudio is like working in a factory; everything is there at your fingertips.
It was the first time that I had a little buddy sewing with me in the Studio and it was different - and fun. Makes me wish that she were back next week.
About the fabrics:
Chrysanthemum likes upholstery and drapery fabrics for skirts so you might recognize a few prints. My buddy Ernest gave me the most fabulous wool fabric samples several years ago. The wool is usually used for very high end men's sports coats and it drapes incredibly well. The Ernest wools are 3rd from the top and 2nd from the bottom.
About the pattern:
A bastardized version of easy sew a-line skirt. Some finished with drawstrings, some with elastic waists.






No comments: