Tuesday, August 14, 2007

First skirt ever!




WooHoo!

Drawstring waist skirt included my first buttonhole. Hey everybody, look at my buttonhole! (That didn't sound right.) Anywho, found that, on my machine, buttonholes look better on the bobbin side.


UPDATE:
The pattern was one of those easy/quick types with an elastic waist and much longer hem. With a favorite skirt, I determined the desired length. As a substitute to the elastic, 2 buttonholes were employed to accept a grosgrain ribbon tie. Although it was a bit large, I wore it the next day and was thrilled, thrilled I tell ya to receive compliments from perfect strangers. (The excess fabric was gathered by the drawstring ribbon in the back resulting in a voluminous skirt silhouette.)
Because the fabric appeals to me, I attempted a size alteration. Otherwise, I would have just chalked it up to a learning exercise. The original size allowed for a 30 pound weight gain. The new alteration requires a Spanx super cincher undergarment.
Note to self: Try on garment before stitching!!

4 comments:

adrienne... said...

Nice. Did you use a pattern? It's really cute. I've been meaning to get up the courage to sew something I could actually wear...

Skitzo Leezra said...

Thanks Adrienne!
(Have added info to posting.)
'Preciate your interest!!!

Anonymous said...

That's precious HOLE! The last time I made a skirt it detached itself from the waistband and fell to the floor while I was walking to the bus stop. So, you'll excuse me if I've got PTSD (Post Traumatic Skirt Disorder) and beg off on making any new skirts.

Anonymous said...

You are a hoot. B.