Saturday, September 5, 2009

I painted my refrigerator



with black chalkboard paint. The refrigerator was white but running fine and brand new stainless fancy schmancy 'frig isn't in my immediate future so what's a girl to do?
Lightly sand the slick white surface and paint the sides with 2 coats and the front with 4 -5 coats of leftover chalkboard paint and a mini roller. Oh My Lanta, wish I had a photo of the first coat. It was na-asty! So don't freak out if you try, just keep on keepin' with your bad self.

Helpful tip of the day: don't clean your mini roller after each coat. Wrap it tightly in cling wrap (Saran), stow inside a ZipLoc bag and store in your refrigerator until the next coat dries.

After reinstalling my white plastic door handles, I realized they looked like a turd in a punchbowl. Brought those to work and sweet talked the guys into bending some aluminum for me. The handles look like stainless and I love 'em!

HERE's why I had chalkboard paint in the first place.






Go HERE to check out more painting projects!

2 comments:

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

What a fun idea! I've got an old white frig & I'm sure my kiddos would love this. Thanks for linkin' up to the POPP.

Skitzo Leezra said...

With pleasure, Maryann!
Would love to hear about your 'frig painting success!