Friday, June 12, 2009

Water meter cover of the day


Hey, I showed ya an actual water meter cover from New Orleans the other day but unless you've spent time in the Crescent City, you might not know that it is a revered design icon and is copied and reproduced in every imaginable form.

Purchased a silver charm at Gary's Arts & Crafts and strung it with glass beads on elastic thread for an immediate gratification project.
Please to enjoy, my Sewerage and Water Board Crescent Box water meter cover charm necklace!

2 comments:

Courtney Short said...

ohh Gary's is awesome!!! I could spend hours in that place.. when I visit my mom in covington I like to stop in there.. their water meters are nice.. but the Turquoise Coyote in Baton Rouge has some that are close to the same price with a more "refined" look.. it's crazy how much the finished water meter pieces sell for in the french market!!

Skitzo Leezra said...

Oh, thanks, I'll check out the Turquoise Coyote. I hear there's a location in Ponchatoula as well?