Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Fold over elastic

Found a cool skirt tutorial posted by Angry Chicken (don't you love that name?). She demonstrates how to attach fold over elastic for the waistband. I had never heard of such so went straight to my small town local fabric stores. Guess what? Neither had they. Next stop, eBay. Son of a gun if I didn't find a 50 yard roll for $5 in a gray color. Since I don't tuck in shirts or sweaters inside my skirts, gray would work just fine. I serged the waistline and then applied the fold over elastic with a zig zag stitch. When Angry Chicken tells ya the stretch the elastic, she means it. Stretch that mo' fo' as tightly as possible because if you don't, the elastic will just act as a nice binding but not have much stretch.


This skirt from the craft room hangover skirt assembly line with Chrysanthemum.


No comments: