My buddy Eileen sent me a stash of fabulous silk tie fabric so I just had to make her something wonderful to show my undying gratitude. She likes purple and a bit of glitz, thus, the bead trim.
Hey, remember that post about "people give me stuff"? My buddy Kay gave me the purple bead trim! Crafting karma, I tell ya! Eileen gives, she gets back. Kay gives, she gets . . . oops, better go make something for her!
Paying it backward,
- Uncut men's silk tie fabric: 6 ties wide, full length
- Folded and pressed, lengthwise
- With wrong sides together, sewed long side together
- Turned inside out
- Pressed hem allowance on both short ends
- Inserted bead trim with header, pinned
- Hand sewed ends with whip stitch