Monday, October 8, 2007
Cat on your shirt
* Created some craft karma with a gift to Chrysanthemum and stitched this kitty cat on a knit t-shirt with an Aunt Martha iron-on transfer.
* Reinforced the knit with an interfacing product called Ultra Solvy to avoid stretching out while stitching in a hoop. The clear interfacing can be used in the hoop or applied to shirt. If applied, remove by dissolving in hot water.
* Grey outline stitches did not show up well on blue background so I filled stitches in with white floss.
* Petticoat effect created by interlaced backstitch. Also on bonnet.
* Lazy daisy stitch flowers on dress.