Thursday, December 24, 2009

Wish I had a photo of my muff


As a small tot, I had a white rabbit fur muff. Rarely was it so cold in southwest Louisiana to warrant the wearing of a muff but I loved having it so when my friend told us about her attire for a New Year's Eve wedding in Estes Park, Colorado, I just had to ask her if her ensemble would include a muff.
My childhood muff had a cord that fit through the opening and wrapped around my neck for hands-free motion. Not sure if adult versions of a muff include a ribbon through the hole.
Fancy fur muffs often feature zippered pockets for stashing of sterling silver flasks and snuff bottles. Men's muffs are typically larger in scale.
What would you place in your muff?

1 comment:

Deanna said...

My muff had an attached doll's head. My mom gave it to me a few years back. My muff is now stored in the attic and, no, I am passing my muff down to my toddler daughter.