Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Robot on your shirt


Nephew Walter drew a robot and I thought it was the cutest thing ever, which inspired me to stitch in on a T-shirt. Taped his drawing onto a light box and traced with fabric transfer pen.

Ironed on and embroidered.

Oh, update: Walter's little brother Gregory asked where his shirt was. Oops. Draw something and I'll stitch it, I promised him. Later that day, Walter told his mom that he drew an image for Gregory's shirt. His mom RikkiTikkiTavi told him that indeed, Gregory should draw something for his own shirt but asked to see the Walter's artwork. Walter proudly displayed a rendering of a unicorn. She said it was nice but unicorns are usually seen on girl's shirts. Walter smiled broadly. A smartass at 6 years old, he makes me proud, I tell ya. Sniff.


No comments: