Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Baby gift idea


For my sister Rikki Tikki Tavi's first baby shower, Dad and I worked together to make a couple baby clothing wooden hangers with pet heads on top. When hanging, the cat or dog head appears at the neckline.

I printed out a dog head and cat head.

Dad used the paper print outs to trace and cut the wood.

Wood was painted white.

Cat head and dog head decoupaged to wood.

Metal hook installed.

I made a cat head hanger for myself to model my "coming home from the hospital" outfit that my mom saved all these years. My Sammy-head-wearing-my-baby-dress hanger is on display in the laundry room.

Funny thing: each time Rikki would remove the dog hanger from the closet, her Welsh Corgi dog would bark like crazy.
Was the dog scared of her own image or mad that her likeness was sporting boy's clothing?

No comments: